Posts Tagged ‘Aviation’
Interesting… this recent report may be a repeat of a sighting from the beginning of this year, according to anonymous claims in the comments section at the website source.
Sometimes, it’s really worth the time to travel country roads instead of the freeway. You just never know what gems you may stumble upon while driving the scenic byways and highways of Texas. You may find a really great BBQ joint or a kitschy country store selling irresistible knickknacks — or maybe a state-of-the-art stealth fighter parked on the side of the road.
Yep. That’s what we said when we saw the photos Craig Levisay sent to our 5 and 6 p.m. anchor Mike Snyder this morning. Levisay found what appears to be a Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II fighter aircraft, broken down along state Highway 1187 near Drury Lane in Rendon.
The $50 million F-35, which has stealth capability and the ability to take off and land vertically, was shrink-wrapped in blue and perched on the back of a flat-bed truck that was partially hidden behind a pile of asphalt.
But the clever cover didn’t keep Levisay, or any other number of passerbys, from snapping some photos of the military’s next generation aircraft, or even shielding themselves from the hot summer sun underneath one of the aircraft’s foldable wings.
Read the entire report at NBC’s website:
From the comment’s section:
MY HUSBAND AND i SAW THIS SAME PLANE THERE ON JANUARY 20TH OF THIS YEAR. I HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE IT. USUALLY ON TRANSPORTS LIKE THIS, THEY WILL SOMETIMES TRAVEL ON BACKROADS TO AVOID MAJOR HIGHWAY AND MOST OF THE TIME PREFER TO TRAVEL @ NIGHT AND REST DURING THE DAY. WHEN WE SAW IT IN THE SAME SPOT IN JANUARY, IT HAD A POLICE OFFICER GUARDING THE TRUCK AND PLANE. VERY NEAY SIGHT TO SEE, BUT IT’S NOT THE FIRST TIME IT’S BEEN THERE.
Hat tip to a member at the Rigorous Intuition forums for this lead and spotting the comment quoted above.
Remember that near-miss between a missile and an airplane over Houston last year? And the year before that?
My latest post over at ANOMALY Magazine…
Will There Be Another Near Miss With a UFO/Missile Over Houston?
John Etgen speaks with KHOU news on report of FAA rocket incident in Houston.
“There will be another such loud report!”
- Carl Gustav Jung to Sigmund Freud
“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.”
– Auric Goldfinger
The other day a friend was telling me about a new book by local author James Hynes titled NEXT. My friend described part of the book’s premise, that of the main character Kevin Quinn worrying about being shot-out-of-the-sky by a shoulder mounted rocket while coming in for a landing in Austin, Texas:
In the first paragraph of “Next,” he imagines terrorists “kneeling in the bed of a dinged-up pickup truck with Texas plates, or crouching on the springy backseat of a rented convertible on a dirt track just outside the airport fence.” He envisions a Stinger launching “toward the sleek underbelly of Kevin’s plane, a Pringles can with wings, packed full of defenseless Pringles.”
I joked with my friend that, since the character was flying into the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and not the Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, he had nothing to worry about. I then proceeded to explain that there have been two very similar near-miss aviation events, almost exactly one year apart, where the unidentified flying object was described as like a missile or rocket, reported by commercial pilots and corroborated by witnesses on the ground. I suddenly realized we were now within the same time-frame as those two past events.
Both events involved “Continental Airlines,” though the second incident was actually with an ExpressJet plane that “flies regional routes for Continental Airlines as Continental Express.”
In the case of the 2008 event:
Continental Flight 1544 was flying at 5,000 feet about 11 miles east of Bush Intercontinental Airport after takeoff Monday morning when the pilot called the tower to report an object headed toward the plane. The pilot described seeing a fast moving object with a thick smoke trail nearing his airspace.
The 2009 incident also occurred shortly after take-off from Bush Intercontinental Airport, over the southern edge of Liberty County but with the plane at 13,000 feet on its way to Greenville, South Carolina. The 2008 event involved a commercial flight headed to Cleveland, Ohio.
While the first incident was at a relatively low altitude, compared to the second event a year later, the second closer-call was witnessed by two Hardin High School students who were interviewed by the local Sheriff’s department.
Read the entire report here:
Interestingly enough … while I was writing the above article I saw this UFO news headline:
TX, May 4, 2010 – Sphere intercepts Southwest Jet over Downtown Houston. MUFON Case # 23244.
Had just picked up my wife from work at Produce Row.It was her,our son and I cutting thru Downtown Houston to hit the H.O.V. lane to I-45 North when I noticed a sphere cutting across the sky.
At that time,I told my wife and son to look at it and when they spotted it a Southwest Jet came in view.
The sphere picked up speed and was on a collision course with the jet.
As we drove by the Spaghetti Warehouse to take a right,our view was blocked. When we made our turn and got a look at the area where the jet and sphere were, the jet was gone!
I don’t know what happened to the jet,but in that span of about 3 seconds it was gone. But the sphere was just sitting there spinning. After we got on the H.O.V. lane we went under I-10 and as we come to the other side of I-10 it was gone.Just wondering if anyone else had seen it.
There were a plethora of topics I’d intended to blog about this past year. Strange things happening in Texas I had wanted to comment upon included:
Aliens & UFO Sightings
- Texas couple near Stephensville [sic] watches triangle UFO under 300 feet – Starting the New Year off right with yet another Stephenville sighting!
- UFO over Cleburne on Christmas night – Kithra alerted me to this sighting report (and she and her friend’s past experience with UFOs in Cleburne)
- UFO lands in Texas, two ‘creatures’ on the ground – Mufon CMS link
- Disc-shaped UFOs reported in three states – Justin, Texas – 11/07/09
- Witnesses in three states spot triangle-shaped UFOs in night sky.
- What’s the UFO? – KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville
- East Texas UFO? - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville
- Texas disc UFO turns out to be converted T6 trainer
- Stealth-like UFO over Texas described as ‘upside-down Frisbee’
- UFOs- Lights In The Texas Sky: Was a UFO Trucked Through Dallas?
- Black triangle UFOs low over Texas and New Jersey
- Rumors persist after 112 years in Aurora, Texas
- Witness Tells of Recurring Encounters With Alien Beings The UFO Chronicles / TDTNews.com – Temple Daily Telegram.
Texas’ Own Mystery Missile Flap
Second UFO in 12 Months Buzzes Continental Airlines out of Bush International Airport:
- Mystery at 13,000 feet: What jet pilot saw over Liberty – Houston Chronicle
- Continental Pilot Reports Missile Flying Near His Plane Over Texas FOXNews
- Liberty County deputies searching for mysterious ‘rocket-like’ object KHOU
- Missile Possibly Launched in Liberty MyFox Houston
- The Associated Press – KARK
Chupacabras a Cryptid?
- “Texas Chupacabras” Goes on Exhibit – Loren Coleman reports at Cryptomundo
- Couples say they saw a Lake Worth monster 40 years ago – Star-Telegram.com
Bipedal Bigfoot or Escaped Chimp?
- San Antonio Sasquatch Flap Footage – Multiple Multi Witness Sightings Plus Palm Prints
Haunted Roads / “Streets of Fear”
- Stagecoach Road: Marshall, Texas – The Most Haunted Stretch In Texas ~ Real Texas Ghost Stories.
- Streets of Fear – Convict Hill Road – FEARNet